** FINALLY! NEW CLASSES FOR 2022!! **
2020 brought the all too familiar pandemic that we just can’t seem to OFFICIALLY get out of. We were on lockdowns, masked, kept away from family and friends, and the list goes on. That pandemic leaked into 2021 and although summertime seems to have brought us a little bit more freedom, we still have restrictions on eating out in the ways we used to. So, let’s get back on some cooking classes as that cold weather starts to hit and we are all staying home a little bit more!
Oh, and why am I talking about cold weather? Because our family was not exempt from all the changes that occurred last year. I am back in Ontario, moved in with my elderly mom and taking care of her and my dad who is currently on a waiting list for Long Term Care housing. We have a little place in Mexico still that we will try and get back to when we can. But I’ll be here most of the winter. I’m going to need you all to survive!!!
If you didn’t know, I started offering cooking classes at the start of 2021. My most popular class by far was pierogies! And why not? Have you seen this article in the Globe & Mail that talks about how all of us expats just HAD to get our pierogi fill in no matter where we lived? Take a quick read. The article is right here. I know you can get pierogies up here more easily, but let’s face it, anything that comes from your kitchen is going to be better!
But there’s much more for you to try! I now have pie making, fresh pasta making, and my newest offering, PAD THAI! Aren’t you tired of eating the same old meals every week? Why not join a class or make your own group? Or take the pie making class and then spend a snow day making pies and freezing so you never need to run out to the store for one when you need it.
You will enjoy my live interactive cooking classes in the comfort of your kitchen. You will get step-by-step coaching, cooking tips, and be able to ask all the questions you want. I can even advise you what local ingredients to use as substitutes in case certain ingredients aren’t available to you.
Classes are kept small so that I can guide each student step by step the same way you would be in an actual class environment. This also gives everyone time to ask questions, and for me to provide suggestions and encouragement along the way.
Here are the details:
- Join by Zoom. Each Zoom connection is $17 USD via PayPal. Or $20 CAD via Interac E-transfer.
- Price is per screen: feel free to have your family members and ‘social bubbles’ join in!
- I am doing more private classes than open ones. If you don’t see a date scheduled for something, please send me an email and let me know you’re interested.
- Private classes are the best! Organize your own group of friends, choose the class, day, and time that works for your group (5 zoom connection minimum)
- You will be cooking yourself while being able to interact with me, the teacher, and the other students.
- You will receive an email with a list of the necessary ingredients prior to the class.
- Classes are generally approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours in length.
- Cooking with Kids! Classes specifically for kids ages 6-13 with adult supervision, older teens welcome! Recipes kids will love! Shorter classes (max 1 hour) for shorter attention spans only $10 USD/$13 CAD per connection.
- Don’t see what you like? Send me any recipe requests that you have and we will see what we can do!
- I like recipes that are flexible. Many can be made vegetarian or gluten-free. Email me for more information.
- Email me at email@example.com for more details and scheduling
CURRENT MENU SELECTION
- NEW!!! PAD THAI! and fresh spring rolls! The best Pad Thai recipe outside of Thailand!
- NEW!! PIE MAKING! Learn how to make the perfect piecrust! Your choice of fruit!
- ITALIAN!!! RAVIOLI or FRESH PASTA and a marinara sauce.
- ITALIAN!!! GNOCCHI and a marinara sauce.
- MIDDLE EAST! Chicken Shawarma, flatbread, and a garlic sauce. **Second most popular class** NEXT GENERAL CLASS: SUNDAY, MARCH 13, 2022 5 P.M. EST
- Mexican! Chicken Flautas with a simple avocado sauce
- Middle East! Falafel and a garlic sauce.
- Appetizers! Pork Ginger Potstickers.
- Appetizers! Buffalo Blasts with a blue cheese dipping sauce.
- Appetizers! Baked Pork Spring Rolls with a chili peanut sauce.
- Ukrainian! Pierogies. Gluten-free pierogies too!
- Cooking with Kids! Choose from: the best mac & cheese, or sweet and sour chicken.
- 2 for 1: Fast Weeknight Recipes! Need fast recipes to make on busy nights? This class included recipes that can be made under 30 minutes so we will make two recipes that you will have for those busy nights when you’re hungry but don’t have much time. Join a class or make your own group and choose 2 recipes out of the following list. Choose from: Hungarian chicken, Red curry chicken, Bang Bang chicken, Cashew chicken, Crispy mushroom mascarpone pasta, Peanut soba noodles, Asian udon stir fry, Pink gemelli with sausage, Cheesy cauliflower pasta, Tortellini with crispy salami, Pasthai, Ziti & broccoli, One pot rigatoni, Leek and bacon rigatoni.
- SPECIAL CLASS: PAELLA by CHEF ANDREW ROMERO. Email to book your private class.
DON’T SEE WHAT YOU NEED TO LEARN? SEND ME AN EMAIL AND I CAN PLAN A RECIPE JUST FOR YOU!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and more details!